About This Blog


This blog was started as a place to post book reviews. The books reviewed here will be mixed. Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, General Fiction, NonFiction and more. Both positve and negative reviews will be posted, as well as reviews for books written for all ages and all reading levels.

Many of the books reviewed here are ones that I have purchased for my own reading pleasure. Some, I receive free in exchange for reviews. Beginning in December, 2009 you will know which are the free ones if you read the final paragraph of my reviews.

Also of note: I choose what I will read, attempting to avoid the books on which I would end up writing a negative review... but I have been known to make mistakes. Thus you see some one and two star reviews here. Since I don't enjoy writing negative reviews, I only write them if the review was promised, or if the book was so exceedingly bad, I just had to say so. Regardless of the percentage of positive to negative reviews on this blog, I give my honest opinion each and every time, and have never received financial compensation for posting my reviews.

Note that, except for fair use portions quoted from some of the books reviewed, all copyright in the content of the reviews belongs to Lady Dragoness.


Thursday, May 14, 2009

Killer Suspense!

Tailspin
by Catherine Coulter
Hardcover: 416 pages
Publisher: Putnam Adult (June 24, 2008)
Rated 3 stars of 5 possible

Readers looking for action and suspense might be interested in Tailspin, which begins with a plane crash and the daring rescue of an unconscious man from the burning aircraft, continues with a young woman being stalked by a killer, and takes the reader on the ride of his or her life before the story ends.

Catherine Coulter is probably better known for her romantic suspense novels than for anything else, yet she has come up with a winner in the FBI series. The suspense develops rapidly and though there are some threads of a romance between two of this novel's characters, the romance isn't the main focus of the novel.

Though the story drags a little in a few places and some of the scenes appear a bit contrived, the novel is still worthy of reading; one's suspension of disbelief isn't pushed too far. Something new grabs the reader's interest on almost every page.  Recommended for adult readers looking for a change of pace from general fiction or a long binge of fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment