About This Blog


This blog was started as a place to post book reviews. The books reviewed here will be mixed. Science Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, General Fiction, NonFiction and more. Both positve and negative reviews will be posted, as well as reviews for books written for all ages and all reading levels.

Many of the books reviewed here are ones that I have purchased for my own reading pleasure. Some, I receive free in exchange for reviews. Beginning in December, 2009 you will know which are the free ones if you read the final paragraph of my reviews.

Also of note: I choose what I will read, attempting to avoid the books on which I would end up writing a negative review... but I have been known to make mistakes. Thus you see some one and two star reviews here. Since I don't enjoy writing negative reviews, I only write them if the review was promised, or if the book was so exceedingly bad, I just had to say so. Regardless of the percentage of positive to negative reviews on this blog, I give my honest opinion each and every time, and have never received financial compensation for posting my reviews.

Note that, except for fair use portions quoted from some of the books reviewed, all copyright in the content of the reviews belongs to Lady Dragoness.


Saturday, May 2, 2009

Decisions and Discussions

The Brave Apprentice
by P. W. Catanese
Paperback: 240 pages
Publisher: Aladdin (June 21, 2005)
Rated 4 stars of 5 possible

"Seven at one blow!" That's what they say about the Brave Little Tailor -- he killed seven foes with one blow. But no one can prove it's even true. Besides, that took place a long time ago, and the Brave Little Tailor is now an old man. So what happens when an army of angry trolls invades his kingdom? Excerpt above © 2005 P.W. Catanese.

Find out when you read this further tales adventure. Rather than retelling the old fairy tales, P. W. Catanese has come up with the concept of sequelizing those old favorite stories, writing original stories based on the old concepts, but carrying them to a new generation of fans and introducing readers to new characters.

While the publisher markets this novel for readers between the ages 9 and 12, it is also fun for fantasy readers of any age who would like a quick, easy read without leaving their favorite genre.  As should be expected in a tale of good versus evil, there is some violence which may make this story unsuitable for readers ages 10 and under, depending on the individual reader's maturity level. With that caviat, I recommend parents of the younger readers preview this novel ahead of their children and turn it into a prompt for a great family discussion after everyone has read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment